HASP supports open access as a publication model for the dissemination of research results and free access to scholarly information. We offer researchers in Asian studies the opportunity to publish their results electronically, promptly, and free of charge, thereby increasing the visibility and impact of publications. We publish first publications of scientific works (“golden road” to Open Access) as well as second publications ("green road" to Open Access), i.e. the additional publication of a work that has already appeared in print.
Our offer for your eBook!
- We publish monographs and collected volumes with a regional connection to Asia (South Asia, East Asia, and Southeast Asia). In terms of content, the entire spectrum of Asian studies research is covered. Consider that, conference and congress reports, activity reports, popular scientific publications do not belong in our publication profile.
- The primary form of publication at HASP is online publication in PDF or HTML.
- In addition to the freely accessible digital formats, HASP offers publication as a printed book (print-on-demand). These hard or softcover editions can be purchased from bookshops.
- The fulfilment of academic quality standards is the most important criterion for a publication at HASP. We ensure this through a standardized double-blind peer-review process. In consultation with the authors, an open peer review procedure can also be carried out for selected publications.
- Titles published by HASP are made available under a Creative Commons license and receive a DOI and their ISBN. This means that they can be permanently referenced. Book series also receive an ISSN.
Our offer for your eJournal!
- With the Open Journal Systems (OJS) software, HASP offers a technical platform for publishing electronic journals. The Heidelberg University Library guarantees the basic setup and hosting of the Open Journal Systems (OJS) software as the technical platform for your journal.
- We implement the design adjustments you want. This enables - within the set technical framework of OJS - an individual web presence of the electronic journal.
- We offer an introduction to the operation of OJS and its functions and work processes on-site in the Heidelberg University Library. We can also conduct this introduction online if you wish.
- The open-source software OJS is offered by the international "Public Knowledge Project". It represents the entire editorial review and publication process when publishing an electronic journal. From submitting an article to organizing the peer review to publishing individual issues, every step can be conveniently handled via the web browser. The OJS interface is available in several languages.
- OJS is continuously being further developed via the DFG project "Sustainable OJS infrastructure for the electronic publication of scientific journals".