HASP supports open access as a publishing model for the dissemination of research results and free access to scholarly information. We offer Asian studies scholars worldwide the opportunity to publish their research results electronically in a timely manner and free of charge, thus increasing the visibility and impact of their publications. We publish both scholarly monographs, edited volumes and journals according to both the Gold OA model, i.e. books are available in OA immediately, and the Green OA model, i.e. publications are available in OA after an embargo period.
Our offer for your eBook!
- We publish monographs and edited volumes on topics related to Asia (South Asia, East Asia and Southeast Asia). We cover the whole range of research in Asian studies. Our publication profile does not include conference and congress reports, activity reports or popular science publications.
- The primary form of publication at HASP is online publication in PDF or HTML.
- To complement the freely accessible digital formats, HASP offers publication as a printed book (print-on-demand). These hard- or soft-cover editions can be obtained from bookshops.
- The fulfilment of scholarly quality standards is the most important criterion for a publication at HASP. This should be ensured, for example, by the recommendation of the reviewers in the case of dissertations or by the editors in the case of scientific series. In individual consultation with authors and editors, we conduct a peer review process with external reviewers.
- Titles published at HASP are made available under a Creative Commons license and are given a DOI and their own ISBN so that they can be permanently referenced. Book series also receive an ISSN.
Our offer for your eJournal!
- With the Open Journal Systems (OJS) software, HASP provides a technical platform for publishing electronic journals. Heidelberg University Library will handle the basic setup and hosting of the OJS software for your journal.
- We implement the design adjustments you require. This enables - within the set technical framework of OJS - an individual web presence of your electronic journal.
- We offer an on-site introduction to the use of OJS and its functions and work processes at Heidelberg University Library. If desired, we can also provide this introduction online.
- The open-source software OJS by the international "Public Knowledge Project" maps the entire editorial review and publication process for the publication of an electronic journal. From the submission of an article to the organisation of the peer review to the publication of individual issues, every step can be conveniently handled via the web browser. The OJS interface is available in several languages.
- OJS is being continuously developed via the DFG project "Sustainable OJS infrastructure for the electronic publication of scientific journals".